13:00- Received AmerySys paperwork in the mail today to return signed to my employer ASAP. My first and last name was misspelled on the forms.
14:03-Called work and spoke with Lt. Tate. Told her I would not be at work or until 2/4. Said I would call Lt. Henry tonight and give him an update on my situation.
14:11-Arrived at Urgent Care Center as directed, they had given me paperwork with missing dates. The completed the forms and returned them to me.
14:31-My case manager Bernice called. Corrected my name in the system over the phone. She said she would be sending me new forms. She also said I would be given a permanent case manager, and she was only temporary. The company handling my prescriptions is Progressive Medical, State of Florida, Tel: 877-835-5879.
14:47- Called Progressive Medical, State of Florida, Tel: 877-835-5879, about my case. I worked with the operator (Name Emanuel) to find me in the system, and have him correct the spelling of my name.
15:20- Picked up my prescription of Isoniazid, and vitamin B-6. Began Isoniazid treatment, took the first pills within 15 minutes.
20:16- Sent Lt. Henry an email with the attached form DC2-588 and DCW25, as per instructed. I copied my work email and Gmail accounts. The PDF files successfully opened on my emails. Printed a copy, filed it.
20:30- Phoned Lt. Henry to touch base and notify him of the email I sent. We confirmed that I would be back to work on Feb. 4, at 7:00pm as scheduled.
20:45-Questions that I have for the doctor:
- Q. Since I was exposed to TB, tested positive and was required to wear a mask, do my family and friends that came in contact with me need to be tested too?
- Q. Can a chest x-ray really see if I have active TB in my lungs?
- Q. Am I safe to be around other now with a mask?
- Q. Is there a more accurate test for me than a chest x-ray.
- Q. If I have Latent TB, what is the actual level of infection in my body?
- Q. At work, how long was the air filtration system not working in the Isolation Rooms before it was discovered?
- Q. At work, what are the safety check and emergency protocols for the system and personnel.
- Q. Is 5 days on the medication, Isoniazid adequate to make me safe around others?
- Q. May I switch to a new physician under Workman’s Comp
Location/Provider: AmeriSys, Chiron, CVS, Progressive
Duration: 6 hours
Mileage: 8.6 miles