When we assume the risk we recognize your specific duties by liability, and there are 2 types of liability, criminal (duties toward community) and civil (duties toward individuals). Within civil there is contractual and tort (negligence).
We have a responsibility to provide a safe environment for our program, recognizing and controlling potential hazards. We also are responsible for conducting activities in a . Remember that those words, reasonable and prudent manner. That's why it is so imperative that we follow the guidelines we've been given in our training from our organization, as well as the umbrella organization who wrote the curriculum for our training, like the National Rifle Association.
When leading our activities, our specific duties are to:
- Follow your instructors manual when teaching your discipline
- Properly plan ahead
- Provide adequate instruction
- Explain the risks to youth and parents
- Monitor for injury or incapacity
- Provide safe equipment
- Have a plan for emergencies
- Keep records
- Provide close supervision